Untitled (3).png

Hospital Information for Foreigners

Updated on Aug 29, 2023 · By Emily

While you are in Korea, we hope you stay healthy and do not get injured during your trip in Korea but unfortunately accidents happen where you may get a cold or sprain an ankle. If a real emergency does happen call 119. That is the accident/ medical emergency number. If you want to call the police the number is 112. When an accident does happen it is important to know who to call and be knowledgeable in this information.

First, it’s important to know the location of these hospitals, if a situation ever arises it will be beneficial to know what hospitals are closer to you. Starting with a couple of Hospitals in Seoul that can be free to foreigners:

Rafael Clinic

Eligibility is for any foreigners except those with a short-term visa, permanent residency visa, and medical tourist visa. The services they offer are quite a few. Dentistry, family medicine, pain management, gynecology, neurosurgery, general surgery, rehabilitation, dermatology, etc. Dentistry treatment is available by appointment. 

Hours: Sun 10am-5pm (Reception 9:30am-11:30am-12pm-3pm)

Dentistry: 2pm-5pm(Wed) Reception 1:30pm-4pm

Dentistry: 3pm- 6pm (Sat) Reception 2:30pm-5pm

Contact: 02-763-7595

Address: 7, Changgyeonggung-ro 43-gil, Seongbuk-dong 1-ga, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul

Seoul K-Medi Center

This hospital is eligible for foreign nationals living and tourists, and the services they offer are consultation for traditional Korean medicine and traditional Korean acupuncture. Reservation is required. Call the number listed below to make that reservation.


Seoul K-Medi Center .pngSource: Seoul K-Medi Center  

Contact: 02-9699-2142

Hours: Everyday 10am -4pm

Location: 26, Yangnyeongjungang-ro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul

Jubilee Medical Insurance

Patients eligible for this hospital are foreign workers (E-9) and their children, international students (D-2, D-4), refugees (G-1), and multicultural family members. They offer internal medicine, dentistry, traditional Korean Medicine, otorhinolaryngology, and ophthalmology. For appointments, it’s first come first serve.


Contact: 02-854-7828

Hours: Sun. 2pm-6pm (Reception 2pm-4pm)

Location: 2F, 14 Beoman-ro 15 gil, Geumcheon-gu, Seoul

With Asia

The patients eligible for this hospital are foreign workers (E-9), refugees (G-1), and families that have stayed in Korea for over a year. The services that they provide are Dentistry not including implants, orthodontics, and teeth whitening. Reservation is required.


withasia .pngSource: with asia  

Contact: 010-8751-7311

Hours: Saturday 3- 8pm and Sunday 10am - 1pm

Location: 5F, 5-1 Daehak-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul ( Exit 2 of Jongno 5(o)- ga Station)

Seoul Medical Association Volunteer Corps

Eligible patients for this hospital are foreign nationals and unregistered foreigners who are not entitled to health insurance benefits. They provide internal medicine, orthopedics, gynecology, dentistry, family medicine, dermatology, radiology, etc. This hospital opens every other week.


Contact: 02-2676-9030

Hours: Sunday 1pm-4:30pm Reception (12pm-1:30pm)

Location: 5 Beudeunaru-ro 18 gil, Yeongdeungpo-gu Seoul

Dail Angel Hospital

Eligible patients for this hospital are foreign nationals and unregistered foreigners who are not entitled to health insurance benefits. And the services this hospital provides are family medicine, psychiatry, and internal medicine.


Untitled (5).png 

Contact: 02-2213-800

Hours: Family Medicine: 1pm-5pm (Mon/Thu)

Psychiatry: 1pm-5pm(Wed)

Internal Medicine: 1pm-5pm (Fri) Reception 1pm-2pm

Location: 57, Seoulsiip-daero, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul

How to make an appointment

Making a doctor's appointment is fairly simple and convenient, call the hospital number or visit the site to make the appointment/reservation for the area of needed attention. Or if the hospital has a website where you can make an appointment online, that can be an option as well.


appointment .pngSource: google images  

Pro Tip: Documents/information that you would need to bring to your appointment is a passport, visa, current email/ and US home address/phone number /immunization records.

University Health Service

Students who require medication for an illness or a headache don't need to visit a clinic or drugstore but instead can use university health services on campus. University health centers are available for flu, pain relievers, stomach medicine, first-aid medicine, and personnel. All medication is provided free of charge to university students.

Traveler Health Insurance

For overseas Koreans and foreigners who are staying in Korea for more than a year, you should apply for National Health Insurance Corporation. To apply for this insurance you will need an alien registration and purpose of stay. To get your alien registration card the first step is to make a reservation on the HiKorea website to visit the Sejongno Immigration Office.


documents pic .pngSource: google images  

The documents you need to have is the application form that you will fill out at the immigration office, your passport, a copy of the passport id page (the page with your photo), proof of residency, and the application fee which is 30,000 KRW(cash). Then you have to take a fingerprint. In room #1 on the 2nd floor before leaving the building. It usually takes 2-3 weeks for the card to arrive. For a more detailed explanation regarding the Alien registration card here’s a link.

Once you receive your alien registration card and you have to have your visa, and passport, if you're a student, have your certificate of enrollment, and if you're working, show proof of income. You can apply for the National Health Insurance Program (NHI).

Additional Information**:** Types of visa eligible for this insurance is F1-6, D1-10, E1-7, E-9, E-10, H-1, H-2, and Korean national

Follow us on our social media pages for more updates and tips on living in Korea

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter



See more post